Check out this list of over 100 practical and fun baby stocking stuffer ideas. These are great small gifts for a baby's first Christmas, ranging from newborn to toddler (around 12 months old).
Welcome to the new and improved 101 stocking stuffers for babies post! If you're ever visited this post in the past, it might look a little different than the last time you were here.
This is the blog post that got my whole series of great stocking stuffer ideas started. In 2012, I thought it would be fun to include a few baby stocking stuffer ideas in a holiday series. It was my daughter during Emmie's first Christmas, so I had babies on the brain that year.
Since then, this post has had over 250,000 visits. It also launched a series that's been one of the most popular ones I've ever hosted on Lamberts Lately. To say I'm thankful for this post is an understatement!
I've edited this post several times throughout the years, but the general idea of using a mix of practical and fun treats for babies has stayed the same.
Stocking stuffers for babies are always changing!
Fun fact: each year, I have to update every one of my stocking stuffer ideas posts item by item. Here's why: as I'm sure you know, product links have a shelf life. On bigger sites like Amazon, items are pulled, added, and changed. Links to products are also constantly broken.
So, because of this, one of my big tasks for October/November of each year is to update the 800ish links in my stocking stuffer posts. I have to edit my various stocking stuffer posts one by one. It's a little tedious, but it's also kind of fun.
I love getting to play Santa by finding the latest and greatest stocking fillers out there! The advantage for the readers is that these posts are always full of new and cool stocking stuffer ideas.
What do you put in a baby's stocking?
The great thing about finding stocking stuffers for baby's first Christmas is that you don't have to cater to what they want. Babies don't care! 😂 I don't know a single person who remembers what they got on their first Christmas morning.
There's no need for lots of the classic toy and candy fillers in that first Christmas stocking. This is a great opportunity to "gift" them the practical necessities.
As you'll see below, this list of small gift ideas is full of things that babies would use on a daily basis. I've included feeding items, clothing, grooming tools, and educational toys in this list. Of course, you need a little fun too. There are several small toy options that babies anywhere from newborns to 1-year-olds would love and use.
Let's take a look at this huge list of great baby stocking stuffer ideas!
Paid links used in this post. Read more about my link usage policies.
101 Stocking Stuffers for Babies
- Wubbanub - a pacifier favorite among parents
- Links - simple toys to practice fine motor skills
- Mushie Ball
- Bristle Teether (This was our favorite one...great on sore gums!)
- Pacifier wipes
- Sophie The Giraffe - both of my kids had one. This is a great teether.
- Punkin Butt Teething Oil
- Pacifier Carrying Case - super handy to attach to a diaper bag
- Chewbeads - Wonderful for both teething and play
- Teeth Banana Brush
- Fruitsicle Pop Tray - The frozen fruit pops are so good for teething babies
- Pacifier clip
- Water Teethers
- Teething Mitt - babies can wear this mitt and chew away
Small Toys for Babies
- Bath toy set
- Crinkle Taggie - let baby explore sounds and textures
- Bubbles Machine
- Rattle n Rock Maracas
- Silly Suction Toy
- Bath Scoop and Catch Squirties - this bath toy is fun all the way through the toddler years
- Laugh & Learn Game Controller - If a parent is a gamer, this is a cute small gift.
- Textures Balls
- Boon Cogs
- Wrist Rattles - also a great way to keep track of those crawlers! 🙂
- White Hot Duck - fantastic tool for making sure bath water is safely cool
- Fishin' Bath Toy - this one was a favorite in our house. My 6-year-old still plays with the one we have.
- Mini Piano
- Winkel Rattle
- Car seat toy or stroller toy
- Lovey or small blankie
- Small board book
- Soft Books
- DVD of favorite show/cartoon
- First 100 Christmas Words - This is a cute Christmas-themed board book. There is also a "first 100 words" version that's so useful.
- DVD of favorite songs
- Selfie Phone - You can let your baby have a "phone" too!
- Soft baby photo album - Our daughter loved this one when she was a baby.
Bath Time/Grooming Stocking Stuffers for Babies
- Travel Size Lotion/Baby Wash
- Color Bath Drops
- Wide Grip Toothbrush
- Sleepy Baby Wash - great for use before bed
- MediFrida - pacifier that gives medicine to baby easily
- Cetaphil Baby Wash
- Detangler Brush
- FeverFrida Cool Pads - cool a baby with a fever
- Boogie Wipes - saline wipes that help keep noses clean
- Elephant Shower - make any faucet into a bathing shower for baby
- Electric Nail Trimmer - more of a nail file than a trimmer; safer way to clip a baby's nails
- oogiebear - small tool for cleaning baby noses and ears
- Breathe Easy Kit - vapor wipes and drop
- Travel baby wipes case
- Waterfall Rinser - I cannot explain why this is so useful, but it is. Trust me - you'll use it for years and years.
- Scalp Scrubbie - great way to keep cradle cap under control
Feeding Items for Babies
- Soft Tip Spoons
- Burp Cloths
- Stay Put Suction Bowls - keeps a baby from picking up/throwing bowls
- Puffs or other first snacks
- Silicone Feeding Mat for High Chair or Table
- Disposable Placemats - pack these in the diaper bag, they're perfect for use in restaurants!
- Fresh Feeder - wonderful way to start introducing solids
- Reusable Food Pouches - great for applesauce, yogurt, pureed foods
- Baby food jars
- Couple a Spoons - reusable travel spoons that can be clipped to a diaper bag
- Formula Dispenser
- Sippie Cup
- Squeeze Spoon Feeders - put any pureed food in this spoon for easy, on-the-go snacks
- Snack Catcher Cups - another favorite in our family. My kids still use them to this day.
- Wonder Bibs - catch those stray bites of food before they fall onto the floor!
- Bendable Utensils - great when starting to teach feeding
- Personalized plates/bowls
Miscellaneous Baby Stocking Stuffers
- First Christmas Little Hands Ornament - such a special keepsake!
- Noise Cancelling Headphones - super useful around loud noises
- Baby Sunglasses
- Baby Shusher - sound machine made for babies
- Milestone Blocks
- Baby Closet Dividers - I love these for dividing those outfit sizes in a closet
- Water Tummy Mat - Great way to change up tummy time
- Multi Cover - can be used for nursing, car seats, and more
More Tips and Tricks
When it comes to small gifts for babies, there's no need to overthink it! Stick to the items they'll need and throw in a couple of fun trinkets for good measure for the perfect size of stocking for a baby.
It goes without saying that of course, you won't use every item on this list. Pick 2-3 of the must-have stocking stuffers and call it a day. There's really no need to overdo it.
I hope this list of the best baby stocking stuffers helps some of you new parents!