This recipe for Strawberry Banana Pudding Cake is an easy recipe made with rich banana pudding and fresh strawberries.
This week, I thought I'd share a recipe for his addictively good birthday cake.
I actually let my daughter decide what kind of cake we'd have for her little brother's first birthday (because...well...he's 1). She immediately said strawberry - the girl loves a good piece of strawberry cake! Since I've mentioned before that Jackson is addicted to bananas, I thought I'd step this strawberry cake up a notch.
The flavors blended perfectly. It was a really light cake that would be great for spring or summer! Trust me, it's super easy and will make everyone think you worked on it all day. You've got to give this one a try!
Here's the recipe...
1 box strawberry cake mix
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup milk
2 3.9oz packs banana pudding mix
4 cups milk
1 jar cream cheese frosting
1 pint strawberries
Mix cake mix, eggs, butter, and 1 cup milk well in a large bowl. Pour into a 9x13" Pyrex dish and bake according to package directions. Let cool.
Take the back of a wooden spoon and poke holes about every 2" in the cake. Make sure the holes go all the way to the bottom of the dish.
Enjoy! You can see more of my recipes here.
Strawberry Banana Pudding Cake
Affiliate links used.
- Mix cake mix, eggs, butter, and 1 cup milk well in a large bowl. Pour into a 9x13" Pyrex dish and bake according to package directions. Let cool.
- Take the back of a wooden spoon and poke holes about every 2" in the cake. Make sure the holes go all the way to the bottom of the dish.
- Whisk together 4 cups milk and banana pudding mix.
- Pour ¾ of the pudding mix into the holes of the cake. Push the pudding into the holes with your wooden spoon.
- Place cake in the fridge to set for about an hour.
- Meanwhile, beat remaining pudding mix and cream cheese frosting together.
- Pour frosting mixture over top of cooled cake and spread.
- Top with sliced bananas and strawberries. Serve immediately.