Download a pdf Christmas Countdown Calendar - it's a free printable! Mark off each day on the tree and celebrate advent with kids.
The countdown is on!
Who's ready to count down the days until Christmas? In a few days, the countdown will be on! And, today, I thought I'd make the perfect printable to mark off the days until Christmas day.
Sometimes called an advent calendar, this Christmas Countdown Calendar has 25 days. You should start this advent calendar on November 30th. Start marking off the numbers at the bottom (number 25). Each day of advent, you'll mark off another number until you mark off #1 on Christmas Eve!
I usually prefer to mark these numbers off at night. Working it into your child's bedtime routine each day of December is a such a fun tradition. They'll remember it for years to come!
Numbers can be marked off with a pen/marker. Another cute idea is placing holiday-themed stickers over the numbers.
How can use you this Christmas countdown calendar?
There are so many ways to use this printable that go far beyond counting down the days of December! I've listed a few fun activities below.
- Put out a different Christmas decoration you display all decorations
- Make a small Christmas craft
- Have a piece of candy, a cookie, or other sweets & treats
- Bring a gift to public service employees (firefighter, police officer, garbage worker, etc.)
- Place an additional ornament on the Christmas tree
- Have small trinkets/toys to give to children each day
- Think of another gift to give loved ones
- Do a good deed for someone else
- Teach some of your family's holiday traditions each day (great option for little kids)
Christmas Countdown Calendar - Free Printable
This printable is in pdf format, which should open in most browsers. Simply print and enjoy! I recommend printing this countdown in full color on 8.5x11" standard printer paper.
I hope you enjoy this calendar all throughout the holiday season!