Easy recipe for bisquick cream cheese sausage balls – you probably have most of the ingredients on hand! They're cheesy, savory, & delicious, with rich flavors.
Doesn't every family have one of those tried-and-true holiday recipes? Today, I thought I'd share my favorite.
On holidays, one of my time-saving secrets is to have a super easy, make-ahead recipe for breakfast. Nobody wants to be working in the kitchen on a holiday like Easter or Christmas, when you're supposed to be enjoying time with your family. So, the night before a big holiday, I prep a make-ahead recipe that I can pop in the oven for everyone in the family.
My Go-To Holiday Recipe: Bisquick Cream Cheese Sausage Balls
My absolute go-to recipe for this is Bisquick Cream Cheese Sausage Balls. These are incredibly easy to prep ahead of time for a delicious, crowd-pleasing holiday breakfast. I make these so often that my kids have started expecting them on Easter and Christmas. One Christmas, the sausage I purchased was out of date and I didn't notice it until Christmas Eve night. My daughter was devastated when we didn't have sausage balls the next morning. 😂
We rarely have leftovers of this recipe – they're addictive. The flavors of cheese and sausage are phenomenal together. It's so easy to prep a big baking sheet of them the night before and bake in the oven while you're spending time with family on a holiday morning. All you have to do the day of is preheat an oven and put the pan in…it doesn't get easier than that! And these are amazing as a breakfast, brunch, snack, or even appetizer for a party.
Here's the tried-and-true recipe for Bisquick Cream Cheese Sausage Balls that I've used for years. Trust me on this one, you'll come back to this recipe time and time again.
Check out the printable recipe card below…
Bisquick Cream Cheese Sausage Balls
- 1 lb hot pork sausage not cooked
- 8 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 cup Bisquick can substitute 1 cup all purpose flour + 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix together sausage and cream cheese in a large bowl. Pour dry mixture (either Bisquick or flour/baking powder) into sausage and knead together. Add cheese and continue kneading until a dough forms, folding the remaining dry ingredients at the bottom of the bowl into the dough.
- Roll pieces of dough into 1-inch balls (a melon ball or cookie scoop is very helpful for messing these out). Place about 1" apart on a greased or lined baking sheet (can use silicone, foil, or parchment paper). At this point, put in the refrigerator until ready to bake if needed.
- Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for about 35 minutes, until outside of balls start to brown and inside is cooked through.
Just writing out the recipe makes me want to make a batch! 🙂 And, if you're interested, these can be baked and put in the freezer for an even quicker breakfast in the future. Just thaw and warm when ready to eat. Just make sure to store in an airtight container, whether you're freezing or saving leftover sausage balls in the fridge to eat later.
Check out this recipe video…
Try Bisquick Cream Cheese Sausage Balls are the perfect little bites for your next holiday or event – I promise they'll be a hit!