Easy recipe for bisquick cream cheese sausage balls – you probably have most of the ingredients on hand! They're cheesy, savory, & delicious.
Doesn't every family have one of those tried-and-true holiday recipes? Today, I thought I'd share my favorite.
On holidays, I love to have a super easy, make-ahead recipe for breakfast. Nobody wants to be working in the kitchen on a holiday like Easter or Christmas, when you're supposed to be enjoying time with your family. So, the night before a big holiday, I prep a make-ahead recipe that I can pop in the oven for everyone in the family.
My absolute go-to recipe for this is Bisquick Cream Cheese Sausage Balls. These are incredibly easy to prep ahead of time for a delicious, crowd-pleasing holiday breakfast. I make these so often that my kids have started expecting them on Easter and Christmas. One Christmas, the sausage I purchased was out of date and I didn't notice it until Christmas Eve night. My daughter was devastated when we didn't have sausage balls the next morning. 😂
We rarely have leftovers of this recipe – they're addictive. It's so easy to prep a big pan of them day before and pop in the oven while you're spending time with family on a holiday morning. All you have to do the day of is preheat an oven and put the pan in…it doesn't get easier than that!
Here's the tried-and-true recipe for Bisquick Cream Cheese Sausage Balls that I've used for years. Trust me on this one, you'll come back to this recipe time and time again.
Bisquick Cream Cheese Sausage BallsPrint Recipe
- 1 lb hot sausage not cooked
- 8 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 cup Bisquick can substitute 1 cup flour + 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix together sausage and cream cheese in a large bowl. Pour dry mixture (either Bisquick or flour/baking powder) into sausage and knead together. Add cheese and continue kneading until a dough forms, folding the remaining dry ingredients at the bottom of the bowl into the dough.
- Roll pieces of dough into 1 inch balls and place about 1″ apart on a greased or lined cookie sheet. (Refrigerate at this point until ready to bake if needed.)
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 35 minutes, until outside of balls start to brown and inside is cooked through.
Just writing out the recipe makes me want to make a batch! 🙂 Try Bisquick Cream Cheese Sausage Balls for your next holiday or event – promise they'll be a hit.
You can see more of my recipes by clicking here.
READY TO ORGANIZE A HOME YOU'LL LOVE?
Subscribe to the Lamberts Lately newsletter for the latest from the blog. You'll also get access to the newsletter-exclusive printable collection, full of home organization printables!