Overnight Krispy Kreme Donut Bread Pudding features leftover donuts baked in a rich custard to make a delicious breakfast or brunch dessert! This easy recipe puts a homemade twist on classic doughnuts.
Oh friends – you're in for a treat today!
First things first – this recipe assumes you ever have leftover Krispy Kreme Donuts – which I know is SUPER rare. 😉 My husband has a serious obsession with Krispy Kreme, so if he's ever in the vicinity of the store, it's pretty much guaranteed that he's going to be a dozen (or two). It's a good thing we live a solid 20 minutes from our local Krispy Kreme.
Most of the time, they're eaten pretty quickly, but every once in awhile, we find that a few of the donuts are a) leftover and b) stale. If you ever find yourself in the same situation, this Krispy Kreme Donut Bread Pudding is the absolute perfect solution!
This makes a killer dessert/breakfast/brunch combo that you can use for a special weekend treat or for entertaining. It's a mixture of sweet donuts and a rich custard base, and it's best to let it soak overnight. That way, the stale donuts kind of sop up all of that custardy goodness and don't dry out while baking.
Once you let the leftover donuts sit in the custard base for at least 8-10 hours, bake it into a brown, caramelized oblivion. The top of the dish gets kind of crunchy and the bottom stays rich and gooey…it's such a great combination.
I feel like a big cup of coffee is almost required with this treat. To me, this just tastes like fall/winter Saturday mornings – the ultimate sweet comfort food!
Let's take a look at the recipe.
Overnight Krispy Kreme Donut Bread Pudding
- 2/3 cup half and half
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup sugar divided
- 6 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 10 stale Krispy Kreme donuts
- In a sauce pan, mix together milk, half and half, and half the sugar. Heat over medium/low heat until sugar is incorporated. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, egg yolks, vanilla, other half of the sugar, and salt.
- Slowly pour milk mixture into egg mixture, whisking while pouring to prevent cooking the eggs.
- Cut donuts into 6-8 pieces each and place in a 9" baking dish. Pour egg mixture over donuts.
- Allow bread pudding to refrigerate 6-8 hours (overnight is best).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake pudding (covered) for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, until center is no longer liquid.
Hope you enjoy this Overnight Krispy Kreme Donut Bread Pudding recipe, friends! If you'd like to see more of my recipes, click here.
WANT THE LATEST RECIPES FROM LAMBERTS LATELY?
Subscribe to get my latest content straight to your inbox. You'll also receive exclusive access to my collection of printables!