This recipe for Pumpkin Spice Tres Leches Cake is so easy – uses boxed mix, coffee creamer, sweetened condensed milk, and other simple ingredients to make a perfect fall dessert!
I've honestly got to give credit to a reader for this recipe – I was browsing through my blog analytics one night and noticed that someone had searched for a Pumpkin Spice Tres Leches Cake recipe. I have a really popular post for Shortcut Tres Leches Cake, but have never done a pumpkin version of that one…until today! So, whoever you are, if you're reading this post, thanks for the idea! 🙂
This Pumpkin Spice Tres Leches Cake ended up being phenomenal. In addition to that older Tres Leches recipe I used, I also drew a little bit of inspiration from the Pumpkin Bombshell Cake I made a few years ago. I used a similar base to that cake, with the pour-over and icing from the Tres Leches cake – and this beauty was born.
The idea behind a Tres Leches cake is simple – tres leches means “three milks” in Spanish. You pour three different kinds of milk over your cake and allow it to soak in, making the dessert super rich and creamy. While a pumpkin version of this dessert may not be the traditional way to make it, I think the pumpkin flavor plays incredibly well off of the little bit of spice that is present in that original version.
With this cake recipe, you get a rich pumpkin spice cake base soaked in a sweet cream. I use whipped cream as a topping for a lighter, airy frosting to go with the thick, rich cake. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon for such an amazing recipe for fall.
Here's your recipe!
Pumpkin Spice Tres Leches Cake
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 16 oz heavy cream divided
- 14 oz canned sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz pumpkin coffee creamer
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together spice cake mix, milk, butter, eggs, and pumpkin puree until smooth. Pour into a greased 9×13" casserole dish.
- Bake for the recommend time on the spice cake mix box (usually 30-40 minutes).
- Allow cake to cool. Once cool, use a fork to poke holes all over surface of the cake.
- In a bowl, whisk together 8oz heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, and coffee creamer. Pour mixture over top of cooled cake. Allow mixture to soak in for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Whip remaining heavy cream with a mixer. Gently fold in powdered sugar. Spread whipped cream over cake.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
If you're looking for an amazing fall sweet treat, look no further – this one is delicious. So comforting, super sweet, and incredibly rich! Definitely one to serve with a big cup of coffee.
Have TIk Tok? Check out this video about this recipe!
Hope you enjoy, friends! See more of my recipe posts by clicking here.
READY TO ORGANIZE A HOME YOU'LL LOVE?
Subscribe to the Lamberts Lately newsletter for the latest from the blog. You'll also get access to the newsletter-exclusive printable collection, full of home organization printables!