These Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites are a delicious protein-rich snack that can be made in just minutes with a pressure cooker. Just like the Starbucks eggs – this copycat recipe is great for a Keto/low carb diet!
Affiliate links used in this post. Read more about my link usage here.
A couple of months ago, I did a reader survey to ask what my blog readers wanted to see this year. One of the biggest requests was for more simple recipes, especially ones made in the Instant Pot – so I thought I'd share one of my favorites today!
Friends – if you're trying to up the protein in your diet, I have the perfect little snack for you today. I seriously make these once a week. They're perfect to keep in the fridge for a quick lunch side or a healthy, quick breakfast. If you're doing any kind of low carb or Keto diet, you'll love these – they are so filling and are really low carb, perfect for a Keto lifestyle!
I've heard through the grapevine that these are a huge hit at Starbucks, but I'll be honest – I've never had them there. From what I've heard though, they're made almost the same way and have similar flavors as the ones I've seen at Starbucks. I guarantee you: they are just as easy to make at home and cost a fraction of what you're going to pay there! All you need is a handy dandy Instant Pot (my model available here) and a few simple ingredients.
One of the great things about this recipe is that you can make it your own. I've suggested a few of my favorite add-ins (spinach and sun-dried tomatoes), but you can really use so many different combinations! Pre-cooked meats, other veggies, and even different flavors of cheese would be a fun way to mix this recipe up.
I cook my egg bites in a silicone baby food tray I had left over from when my kids were babies…it fits this recipe perfectly. I've also heard of a lot of Instant Potters using this tray too…it's very popular in the Instant Pot Facebook groups!
Now, let's get to the recipe!
Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese I use fat free
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes oil drained
- handful of spinach probably 1-2 cups
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend on low for about 20 seconds, until spinach is completely chopped and all ingredients are mixed.
- Put about a cup of water in the bottom of your <a href=”https://amzn.to/2Uob3YU” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>Instant Pot</a>; add the metal trivet. Place a <a href=”https://amzn.to/2WRYQbN” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>silicone egg mold</a> (sprayed with cooking spray) on top of the trivet and evenly fill each cup with the egg mixture.
- Lock the lid on your Instant Pot. Set cooker for steam mode, 10 minutes. Once cook cycle is over, allow pressure to naturally release for an additional 10 minutes before manually releasing remaining pressure.
- Flip silicone tray onto a plate to release egg bites. Serve immediately or store in the fridge; bites can be rewarmed in the microwave in about a minute.