This Sorority House Poppyseed Chicken Casserole is the best weeknight recipe…so easy to make! Serve over rice for a quick meal.
Need a super easy comfort food meal? Let me tell you – ten years ago in the ADPi house at Alabama, this Poppyseed Chicken was famous.
Everybody at my sorority house in college looked forward to Poppyseed Chicken day. This was the very first meal served to my pledge class on bid day, meaning I've been loving this one for over 15 years now (ouch). It's great served over rice (how I normally have it), but we've also had it over potato waffles (via Just a Taste) and it was phenomenal. Serve a green veggie on the side and you've got an incredibly easy, crowd-pleasing weeknight dinner!
I feel like every good southerner has some kind of variation of this recipe – this is the one that I use. A few years ago, one of my sorority sisters randomly posted it on Facebook after somebody was reminiscing over this dish – I screen shotted it right then and have been using that same recipe ever since. I decided it was high time to share this delicacy with you guys (and, if it's on my blog, I can't lose the recipe! 😂)
Here's my version (actually, the ADPi house at Alabama's version) of Poppyseed Chicken casserole…
Sorority House Poppyseed Chicken Casserole
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (or 1 rotisserie chicken with meat removed)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 heaping tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers
- Combine chicken, soup, sour cream, and poppy seeds in a large bowl. Spread in a greased 9x13" baking dish.
- Crush crackers in their sleeve and pour over top of casserole. Drizzle melted butter over top of crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, until tops of crackers are golden brown and sides of dish are bubbly.
Enjoy! You can see more of my recipe posts here.
READY TO ORGANIZE A HOME YOU'LL LOVE?
Subscribe to the Lamberts Lately newsletter for the latest from the blog. You'll also get access to the newsletter-exclusive printable collection, full of home organization printables!