This no bake chocolate eclair cake is made with graham crackers and pudding to give it a cake-like, rich taste! Easy and classic dessert recipe for a summer potluck.
A few weeks ago, we had a church potluck, and one of my friends brought one of the absolute best desserts I've ever had. Seriously.
Afterwards, I told her I had to have the recipe. This one was definitely going on my potluck rotation! So she just kind of described it to me quickly. That night, I took what she told me and kind of modified the recipe to make it my own – and y'all. You are going to go nuts over this super easy recipe.
The graham cracker layers get soft as they set overnight, so you end up having a cake-y texture in between layers of rich pudding mixture. And the chocolate topping gets just a little bit firm when it sets, giving the slightest bit of crunch and texture. It's incredible.
Here's my version of Chocolate Eclair Cake!
No Bake Chocolate Eclair Cake
- 14.4 oz box graham crackers
- 2 3.1 oz boxes vanilla pudding mix
- 8 oz container whipped topping thawed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 stick 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup half and half
- pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, mix pudding mix, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 2 tsp vanilla extract, 2 cups cold milk, and 1 cup half and half. Whisk well and let set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Once pudding is set, gently fold in whipped topping until well-incorporated.
- Put a layer of graham crackers in the bottom of a 9x13" baking dish. Layer half of the pudding mixture over the graham crackers. Repeat a layer of graham crackers, the remaining pudding mixture, and one more layer of crackers.
- Combine semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1/3 cup half and half, butter, pinch of salt, and 2 tsp vanilla extract in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until contents are completely melted, mixing well in between. Once completely melted, add in 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and 1/3 cup cocoa powder.
- Pour chocolate over the top layer of graham crackers; spread to cover entire cake.
- Let cake set in the fridge at least overnight before serving.
Good luck not eating it all in one weekend (like I might or might not have done).