I think everyone's got a few of those recipes that they have memorized because they make all the time…I know I do. It always seems like those are the best recipes you have in your arsenal. Isn't it funny how the best recipes are usually simple enough to make by memory?
I have a recipe for Shaken Potatoes that I've published on the blog before, but is buried within a post in my archives and is honestly kind of hard to find. I published it before Pinterest was a big thing, so the pictures kind of stink and it's not a very pin-friendly post. But I thought I'd resurrect the recipe today because it deserves its own day in the spotlight! They are always so easy to make and is an absolute hit.
I made these with the Alabama Chicken Bake that will be in my newest Freezer Meal Boot Camp pack that will be released at the end of the month. (While you're waiting on that, you can check out my other Freezer Meal posts here.) They are perfect for dipping and are such a good, hearty side for a dish that's lacking in filling foods. These are also a wonderful substitute for fries or chips.
Let's get to the recipe!
Shaken Potatoes Recipe
- 3 lbs red potatoes washed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Make sure potatoes are as dry as possible after washing to ensure that they will crisp in the oven. Cut potatoes into 1" chunks and place in a large plastic zip-top bag.
- Add olive oil, spices, and cheese. Shake potatoes until they are evenly coated.
- Place in a single layer on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 35-40 minutes, flipping once and recoating with cheese during cooking. Cook until tops of potatoes start to brown (increase oven temperature to 450 degrees for 5 minutes if not browned at the end of the cook time).
Pin for later:
WANT THE LATEST RECIPES FROM LAMBERTS LATELY?
Subscribe to get my latest content straight to your inbox. You'll also receive exclusive access to my collection of printables!