Quick: a friend just called for a last-minute trip to the pool. You have absolutely nothing in your beach bag and you have 5 minutes to pack one. What do you bring? I definitely have a running list of things that have to come to the pool with us. Some are absolutely mandatory and some just help make a day at the pool a little bit more fun! I've mastered the “throw and go” method of packing a beach bag…here are a few of the things we take with us each and every time!
1. Baby Float – We used this much more when Emmie was a baby, but I still like to bring it for the smaller toddlers at the pool. It's a compact baby float that fits in this little carrying case…so convenient for a beach bag!
2. Towels – Who goes to the pool without a couple of these? I usually take at least 2, sometimes 3 (so I can place on a chair).
3. Sunscreen – Absolute must for outdoor play! Emmie usually wears 50-75 SPF (depending on how long we'll be out) and I wear SPF 15.
4. Arm floaters – Anytime Emmie is going to be near the pool, she wears this! She is still supervised of course, but this just absolutely puts my mind at ease until she's a swimmer. We've used this since last year.
5. Sparkling ICE – I love to keep something cool to drink around at the pool. I am not a big fan of plain water…but Sparkling ICE delivers just the right amount of flavor and a little bit of fizz! There are 17 different real fruit flavor combinations of Sparkling ICE, including Black Raspberry, Orange Mango, and Kiwi Strawberry. It's a refreshing drink that has zero calories…best of both worlds!
6. Convenient snacks – I like to bring portable pieces of fruit, like a banana, or pool-friendly, individually packed items like nuts or raisins to the pool.
7. Phone – My phone is a must! I keep a water-safe case on it in the summer…this is essential for a day by the water. We use it to play music, check weather conditions, and even have a few minutes of social media if somebody else is willing to watch the kids. 🙂
8. Toys – I usually allow Emma Ramey to take 3-4 toys to the pool with her…anymore than that tends to be bulky and unnecessary. I've found she only plays with a select few anyway. Plus, our friends always bring a few too!
9. Hats – I have a hat for both me and Emma Ramey. Keep the sun out of your eyes and protect your head!
10. Summer books – Again, if I'm lucky enough to have a friend or Noah at the pool to watch Emma Ramey, this is a nice way to relax!