See the top Christmas and winter books for preschoolers, ranging from babies to toddlers. Includes classic, modern, and funny books. Great way to start holiday traditions in families!
Every month, one of Emma Ramey's favorite things to do is flip through and pick out books from her school's book order flyer. This month's edition was especially Christmas-heavy, and it had me reminiscing about some my favorite Christmas and Winter books. There are so many classics that are themed around this time of the year!
I thought I'd share a few of my personal favorites. This is in no particular order. Some of these we own, and some are just my favorites from my teaching days that are on our list to buy. Most (not all) of these are award-winning classics, but there are a few fun new ones thrown into the mix too!
Top Christmas/Winter Books for Preschoolers
- The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
- The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
- Christmas Trolls by Jan Brett
- The Night Before Christmas by Clement C. Moore
- Snowmen at Christmas by Caralyn Buehner
- Charlie and the Christmas Kitty by Ree Drummond
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
- It's Christmas, David! by David Shannon
- Just a Snowman by Mercer Mayer
- Llama Llama Holiday Drama by Anna Dewdney
- Merry Christmas, Mouse! by Laura Numeroff
- The Biggest Christmas Tree Ever by Steven Kroll
- How Santa Got His Job by Stephen Krensky
- Olivia Helps With Christmas by Ian Falconer
- Dream Snow by Eric Carle
- The Wild Christmas Reindeer by Jan Brett
- God Gave Us Christmas by Lisa Tawn Bergren
- Merry Christmas Mom and Dad by Mercer Mayer
- The Snowman by Raymond Briggs
- The Legend of the Poinsettia by Tomie DePaola
Any others I'm missing? What are your favorite Christmas books for preschoolers? Leave them in a comment below!
You might also like...
Merry Christmas, everyone!