Emmie was actually the brains behind Jackson's party theme. About a month before his birthday, we had a king cake at home and gave Jackson a little bite...he loved it! Emmie, without skipping a beat, said "he's a Mardi Gras baby and should have a Mardi Gras party." It was just kind of set from there. After all, he was born on Fat Tuesday last year!
We decided to just do a small family party for him this year. After all, it's not like a one-year-old has a full social file. 😉 We knew that the first birthday party was really just for us, but we still wanted to celebrate him!
Affiliate links used in this post.
I tried to incorporate a few Cajun favorites that a one-year-old might actually like. Here was our menu for the party!
- King Cake (not homemade...I'm not that brave! They were from Nonna Randazzo's.)
- Muffaletta Pinwheels (recipe here)
- Cajun Shrimp Cups (used my Cajun Shrimp Dip recipe and baked them in phyllo shells)
- Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya (recipe on my Instant Pot Freezer Meal Boot Camp)
- Swamp Juice (Mix 1/4 gallon of lime sherbet, 1 bottle of ginger ale, and 2 liters of green Hawaiian Punch...yummy!)
And of course I had to include the label printables for y'all...
Click the images above to download your copy (without the watermark)!
I couldn't pass this shirt up once I spotted it for Jackson...so perfect for his birthday! (Available here.)
And of course Emmie was a big part of planning the party. She even picked this hat out for herself!
He wasn't too sure about this whole birthday thing...
...until the cake came out. This was actually the first birthday candle that Noah had on his cake 31 years ago!
He loved trying all of the new foods. He is a big fan of anything carby, so the Jambalaya was right up his alley.
And of course, he got a few
Such a fun day celebrating our little man!