Well, a little bit of (unexpected) extended morning sickness really threw a wrench in the goals for September. For most of the month, I still felt like absolute death and was doing alright to get out of bed in the mornings…so, needless to say, goals weren’t really a priority. But, I’m happy to report that the past week has been really great! I’m starting to feel like myself again and starting to get a little bit of a drive again.
1. Start back with the cleaning schedule this month. – B – I finally started on this just this week. Better late than never, right? 🙂 The last week of my monthly cleaning schedule is bathrooms, so I’ve been working really hard to get those back up to snuff this week. I’m almost done with the cleaning schedule for this week! That’s one of the beauties of this cleaning schedule, you can really pick up at any week of the month and have your house clean within 4 weeks.
2. Each week, concentrate on fully organizing one room. – F – Nope, didn’t happen.
3. Drink much more water. – B – I did what I could. For some reason plain water has been gross to me, but I have loved Gatorade…so lots and lots of Gatorade has been on the menu. You do what you can.
4. Start cooking nightly again. B – I wouldn’t say I’ve done a perfect job with this, but I have cooked a lot more this month than the past two months! My mom made a bunch of freezer meals for us when I was sick, and those have been a lifesaver when I just wasn’t feeling it. I’ve also learned that, even when I’m not feeling great, I have a few hours in the afternoon that at least let me meal prep and/or put something in the Crock Pot. That’s been huge in getting back into the cooking groove.
Here’s what I’m hoping to accomplish this month!
1. Read The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. – I have heard people absolutely rave about this book and its ability to organize your life. I’ve been stalking my local library for a month, trying to find a copy in stock…and it looks like I’m not the only one that wants to read it. 🙂 No luck in finding it there, so I think I might break down and buy it this week (it’s like $10 Leslie, quit being cheap).
2. Have a pantry clean-out week. – We’ve got a little bit of this and a little bit of that going in our pantry/fridge/freezer right now…time to either throw it out or use it. At least one week this month, I’d like for the majority of ingredients needed to already be in our home.
3. Eliminate credit card interest payments. – Compared to where we were at the beginning of the year, we have very little credit card debt left…but we still have some, and it bothers me every month to even have to pay the little bit of interest that we do. This month, I want to find a 0% interest balance transfer card and get rid of that payment! It’s one of the few monthly payments we have left that I kind of consider pointless (meaning we could get rid of it if we wanted to), so this is the month it needs to go.
4. Try a meatless meal once a week. – This isn’t a problem for me at all right now – just like with my last pregnancy, I’m really not digging meat in my meals right now. But Noah is an all-out carnivore, so I have to get a little bit more creative when making meatless meals that he will actually eat. I’m hoping to sneak a few of these into the menu this month!
Happy October and Happy Friday everyone!