Another perk of summer is how my skin looks. Is it just me, or is your skin at its best during the summer? Maybe it’s the glow from a little bit of sun or just the energy from being out and about – but I love the way my skin looks and feels during summertime.
Of course, there are steps you have to take during summer to keep your skin looking its best. I kind of choose to take a proactive stance on skincare – keep it healthy to begin with, and you won’t have to worry about it looking bad (now or later). Here are a few steps I take that have worked for me during the summer!
1. Find the best sunscreen for your skin. Wear it daily.
Long gone are my days of basting in baby oil and laying in the sun for hours at a time (yes, I was a teenager at one point… I did it). The grown-up me realizes that I don’t want to look like a prune in 30 years – and let’s not even get into the whole skin cancer risk.
I wear SPF 15 if I know I’m only going to be out in the sun for a short time, and SPF 30 if it’s for a longer period. Make sure you get broad spectrum too – it protects from both UVA and UVB light!
2. Use a lotion formulated for sensitive skin, like Curél® Itch Defense® Lotion, twice daily.
I think I’ve mentioned before that I have had eczema basically my whole life. It’s nothing debilitating of course, but it is something I have to care for daily. It also tends to flare-up during hot, humid summer months.
I’ve found that the defense for it is to treat it before it starts. Keeping my skin moisturized twice daily with a lotion for sensitive skin, like Curél® Itch Defense® Lotion, is my best bet.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#CurelItchDefense” and “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/12/2014 – 8/10/2014.
Be sure to visit the Curél® brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!