Anybody that has ever moved from one state to another knows that, at least for a little while, everything about your life is turned upside down.
It seems like, in our old home, we had everything kind of “set.” I had my kitchen, where I could make my food (no matter how complicated) and enjoy it with my family.
Food has always been one of the staples of our family gatherings. As many of you know, we only lived a few miles from my parents when we were in Alabama. We love getting together over a great home-cooked meal and catching up. I adored those conversations around the table with a great homemade meal…it’s definitely a tradition I want to keep going no matter where we live.
Now, we are slowing establishing “our” family routines in our new surroundings. We are with Noah’s family right now, so I don’t necessarily have “my” kitchen like I did before we moved.
That’s why I am so thankful for easy-to-make meals that still feel like they are home-cooked for a family. I had the opportunity to try Bertolli’s new Single-Serve Recipes a couple of weeks ago. I tried the Chicken Portabella Ravioli – something that isn’t so easy to make yourself when you’re not in your own kitchen. Bertolli has made it easy to have something that tastes homemade that you can make in just minutes in a microwave.
Bertolli Single-Serve Rustico Bakes recipes are available in 6 varieties:
– Chicken Parmigiana and Penne
– Italian Sausage and Meatball Rigatoni
– Chicken Portabella Ravioli
– Ricotta and Spinach Cannelloni
– Stuffed Shells Alla Vodka
– Creamy Spinach Rollatini
Those sound delicious, huh? I love that Bertolli makes so many potentially complicated dishes super easy – just pop it in the microwave and go! No worrying about stuffing pasta, mixing the perfect sauce, or finding the perfect, decadent cheese for your meal – Bertolli does it for you. Bertolli offers authentic Italian cooking that feels homemade even when you don’t have the time to make it yourself.
We will eventually be back to our own kitchen, making our own food, and enjoying it with our family – I know that time is coming. But for now, I am taking all the help I can get in achieving that home-cooked feel without the home-cooked work.
You have the chance to win a $100 Visa gift card from Bertolli and BlogHer! To enter, just answer the following question: “Which Bertolli meal is your favorite or which would you most like to try?”
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.