Friday, March 16, 2012

The Waiting Game

Sorry I'm just now posting this...I was exhausted when I got home.  The doctor's appointment went really well!

We were there pretty early for a NST.  You're basically just making sure the baby's heart rate goes with their movement, and that you're not in active labor with one of these.  I was hooked up to monitors for 20 minutes while they measured both.  Both were looking really good!  Her heart rate went up every time she started moving.  I had several contractions, but most of them I couldn't active labor though.

They also got us in for an ultrasound. It wasn't one where we could really see her - she's just too big at this point to see anything, so no cute pictures this time.  According to the ultrasound, she's measuring 8 pounds, 15 ounces...honestly, about where we expected, since her daddy was a big baby (almost 11 pounds!).  Those aren't super accurate, so she could be anywhere from 8 to 10 pounds, but not TOO big.  Her head and what they could tell about her height was pretty much right on average for 40 weeks no need to get her out because she's "too big!"

I've made just a tiny bit of progress this week.  I'm at about 1.5-2 cm dilated right now, and about 50% effaced.  So, no need to induce today, but we went on and made the appointment to induce next we'll be meeting her by then!  That will put me right at 41 weeks, which is the maximum my doctor recommended going for both of our safety.  Honestly, I don't think I'll make it to then, but it is nice to see a little light at the end of the tunnel!  I go in at 5am on Thursday, March 22nd to start the induction.

So we're back in the waiting game pattern...constantly analyzing symptoms to see if I'm in labor (I've had a couple today that make me seriously doubt I'll make it through the weekend, much less to next Thursday), but at least we know now that we're in the last stage of this!

After we left, I felt that I deserved a cupcake. :)  So we ran by Gigi's and got this beauty...

...and ran to Chick-Fil-A for lunch.  I've mentioned before that I LOVE just puts you in a better mood when you go (plus it's really good!).  We got to talking to the lady at the check-out line for a minute while we waited on the food, she asked when we were due, etc, etc.  Noah goes to give her the credit card to pay, and she told us that lunch was on her today, and to have a blessed day. :)  I thought it was SO sweet!  I don't know if she was taking pity on me because I'm so huge or what, but it was just the nicest thing that's happened in a few days. :)

I'll be updating here and on twitter if anything changes...but no baby yet!  And I'm glad - as long as I'm having a healthy pregnancy, I can stay big and uncomfortable for a few more days. :)