Warning: This recipe is IN NO WAY healthy for you…but it sure is good!
This is one of my own creations, and it is SO good!
Loaded Baked Potato Casserole
3 bags Instant Mashed Potatoes (yes, instant)…the flavored ones work best
1 8oz. brick Cream Cheese
8 oz. Sour Cream
1 egg, beaten
8-10 slices Bacon, cut into 1″ pieces
1 pack (2 cups) Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 tbsp. Salt
1 tbsp. Pepper
1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
1. Prepare the instant potatoes according to package directions.
2. Break the cream cheese down into small pieces (like teaspoon sized) and mix in with the potatoes until you can’t see the cream cheese.
3. Mix in sour cream, half of the cheese, and the egg. Set aside.
4. Meanwhile, cook the onion in a little bit of oil until translucent. Add in the bacon and cook until desired “crunchiness.” Drain.
5. Mix all but maybe 2 slices of the bacon into the potato mixture.
6. Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13″ casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese and bacon.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.