To celebrate, I thought I would do a good ol’ fashioned list o facts…about me! If you’re new to the blog, or just have nothing else to do but read about me, this might help you get to know me a little bit better. Here’s goes!
1. I have never lived in another city than Tuscaloosa, AL. I was born in the big white tower at DCH, and I’ve been here ever since.
2. I’m left handed. Whenever I’m in one of those awkward introduction activities and you have to say a random fact about yourself, that’s the one I give.
3. I am the oldest of three – myself and two little brothers. We are each four years apart.
4. On that note, I only have two girl cousins out of 10. And Noah is one of three boys. It will be an absolute miracle if we have girls.
5. I changed my major twice during college – making me a sixth year senior. Noah and I say that I took two victory laps.
6. Speaking of Noah, we have been married since December 2007. He is my best friend.
7. I’m a little afraid I’m turning into the weird dog lady, considering that I refer to my dog (Hardy) as my child.
8. I absolutely believe that working with children is my calling, and could not be more excited about starting my job as a first grade teacher in August!
9. I like to pretend I enjoy working out, and once I start working out I do enjoy it, but in reality I absolutely despise it.
10. I can be a little impatient. I have some ADHD tendencies too, so I have to constantly be preoccupied.
11. I can’t remember the last time I could say I was bored or had nothing to do.
12. If I had to pick one meal to live off of for the rest of my life, I would pick Rotel dip (with sausage) and chips.
13. I am an absolute bargain hunter. It is a RUSH to find a good deal for me! I also like to brag about what I’ve gotten for a deal, which I guess kind of defeats the purpose of finding it at a good deal.
14. I love food. That sounds fat, but I really do. The only foods I won’t eat are beets and eggs…and even eggs I will eat if they are prepared a certain way.
15. I talk to my dog like he understands me. Did I mention that I love him and I fear that I’m becoming the dog lady?
16. I was an ADPi in college. I still have some really great friends from it too!
17. I was an education major in college. And again, I still have some really great friends from it too!
18. Christmas is easily my favorite time of the year. I start wishing it was Christmas time again on December 26th. Just everything about it – the weather, how nice people are to each other, the spirit of it – it’s great!
17. Fall is a distant second in my book. I live in Tuscaloosa, so our life revolves around football that time of year. It’s fun, but it can be tiring.
18. I met my husband at a fraternity/sorority swap. Not the most romantic thing in the world, but you know.
19. Noah and I had our children named two weeks into dating. When you know, you know 🙂
20. My natural hair color is extremely similar to my current hair color. I could quit dying it, but I hate having roots.
21. I have some OCD tendencies. It bothers me if my house, my car, or even in my computer files aren’t organized.
22. If I ate at a restaurant every night for the rest of my life, that would be ok. 🙂
23. I can make my ankle move back and forth without touching it. It’s really weird.
24. I have like an alternate personality when I’m asleep. My family and friends call it “Sleepy Leslie.” I say and do awful, terrible things, and have absolutely no recollection of it! It’s really scary!
25. If I am nothing else in life but a wonderful wife and mother, then my life is good.
I’m headed to Montgomery today to see my fantastic husband. Have a fabulous July 15th!
WANT TO ACCESS MY FREE COLLECTION OF PRINTABLES?
Subscribe to the Lamberts Lately newsletter for the latest from the blog and access to the newsletter-exclusive printable collection!